Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday December 11, 1998 at 15:29
James
Historic Forum Post
I bought the IRIQ to replace my Marantz MK2000 MKII. After the experience I have had with the IRIQ, I would highly suggest that you have your salesperson demonstrate the range of the unit. If you can get away with 3-7 foot of non directional range, I'm sure you will not be dissapointed in the remote. However, I found it to be very aggravating and difficult to use the jog shuttle on my dvd while holding the IRIQ in the air and pointing it at the DVD player at less than 10 ft. away from the component. I found this problem to be true with all my components, which I consider to be non-inferior. To operate my proceed components, I had to be less than 5 feet away. This is not an exaggeration. I have been a relatively good client of my local home theater store, so my salesperson came to my home to examine the problem. He brought with him a Pronto with charger stand. After an hour of experimentation, he informed me that I was not the only person to have complained about this. He offered to exchange the IRIQ with the Pronto. After a quick demo of the unit I found it to be almost identical in features as the IRIQ. I have been very pleased with the Pronto's functionality and especially with it's range. The range is not only good, it is amazingly better than my MK2000.

I would highly recommend looking at the Pronto before buying an IRIQ. The primary reason for this post is not because of my dissapointment in the IRIQ, but actually because of comments giving to me by IRIQ technical support. I will not get into a bashing, but I will relay this comment:

"Sir, if you are not happy with the range of the HK unit, you should not have purchased it in the first place. We advertise flexibility, not range measurements. You must have inferior components for this to even be an issue!"

Thank you Phillips!
James

Hosting Services by ipHouse