The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday October 17, 1999 at 11:26
Andre
Historic Forum Post
Dave,

If it were just a repackaged Cinima 6 I would have bought the Cinema 6 in a heartbeat. Heck, I have a Wal-Mart within walking dictance. In fact, I did go there first. Even with all the rave reviews for the Cinema 6, here's why I didn't buy it for $19.99:
-No backlighting on the Cinema6 keypad.
-Unknown if it has X-10 support without learning. The 15-1994 has x-10 commands clearly labeled on the remote.
- Didn't like the hoaky number shaped keys on the Cinema6.
-Overall look and feel of the R.S. 15-1994 is more pleasing to me. If you what to see it for yourself, here's a link:
Radio Shack Catalogue

I was more then happy to spend the extra $20 to get those features. And with the support for the Cinama6 so strong, that only helps support a version of it, like the 15-1994. Now that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have payed less. I kept my reciept, and Radio Shack will honor a sale price if it goes on sale within 30 days of purchase, so I'll be watching next month's flyer. But, as for exchanging this remote for another model, you'd have to pry the "special suede-like finish" from my cold dead hands.

In fact, I just finished wiring my house with an IR repeater system. So, I may buy a second one to keep upstairs.

-Andre

Hosting Services by ipHouse