Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday October 17, 1999 at 08:39
Andre
Historic Forum Post
First, Let me say that I am new to this forum, but not to remote controls. I discovered this forum yesterday and was extreamly impressed with the free sharing of information about hidden features on remote controls. I too, like to get the most bang for my buck. I don't want to spend +$200 on a remote when I get get the same functions out of a $20-$40 remote.

Introducing Radio Shacks new 15-1994 remote, the 6-in-1 Smart A/V. It's features are great: +Learning remote with 4 smart keys
+Backlight Keypad
+Supports 6 devices plus X-10/plug-'n-play
+Ergonomic design with nice key layout

But it's the undocumented features that make it a winner for me. You see I had a Radio Shack 150-1918 6-in-1 A/V remote and it had more features:
+Sequencing up to 15 commands (macros) on 2 sequence keys.
+Able to change a device profile. Turn an unused device such as "Cable" to a second "VCR" device key. This is a must have!

Well, guess what! The 15-1994 does this stuff too. It operates the same as the old remote. Instructions for the 15-1918 are on the web at the Radio Shack web site here:
[Link: support.tandy.com]

But wait, there's more. If some of these codes seem familiar to you, That's because the codes are the same as the well documented One-For-All "Cinema 7". That's right, you can access the advanced codes of your devices using the "P" key (instead of the "Magic" key). And you can even re-assign codes to any key on the remote as described at Starbase 314. http://www.starbase314.com/

This leads me to believe that more is possible. I suspect, but have not tried, the following.

+ Learn to any key on the remote.
+ Sequence (macro) to any key on the remote. I have tried it on a Smart key only (4s)

Now I only bought this yesterday at Radio Shack for $39.99. It already is doing 90% of what I need it to do. With a little more setup, I now know it will suit my needs. I hope this information was useful to someone.

-Andre

Hosting Services by ipHouse