The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Sunday May 21, 2023 at 11:40
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On May 20, 2023 at 19:11, Brentm said...
You can thank my (ex) wife for it.
Being lazy when I hung my projector I simply ran an extension cord to it, the feed side dropped down behind the rack (for UPS) through a grommet in the ceiling, the rack rear shared the same space as the washer/dryer. When she saw the orange cord hanging down she told me that I was (in theory) a professional and that it was not expectable. Wandering around the garage looking for a way to make her happy I came across an old PC tower with the recessed IEC plug, "Ding! Ding! Ding!". I pulled the plug, went to Lowes for a blank Decora insert and took this project into the Metra Machine shop the following day. Once installed I realized that "Damn, I need to make and sell these".

On one project, the electrician looked at me like I had three heads when I explained why I only wanted an outlet at the TV and bare wires at the junction box I had installed. Now, they talk about it as if it was their idea.... :)

On the same job, they told me the inspector wanted to know why and he couldn't imagine the reason until I went to his office and explained- and these people have the power to allow or deny progress on a project? Incredible.....how do they get these jobs if they don't know what they're dealing with? Is it the 'friends & family' thing, or do they take a test? I'll take that test if it would get me into that job.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse