Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday February 15, 2023 at 01:24
Dudemeister
February 2023
OK, I go the remote, and it has a somewhat basic setup from the previous user.

I tried setting the remote up, so it can connect to the internet, and haven't had any luck. it simply can't get a DHCP address from my wireless router. It tried everything including disabling the security altogether, it just refuses to work. Under "Status" It sees the router, and shows it has a signal, but it never gets an IP. I also tried a manual IP , but it never gets on the network, no matter what I do.

It's also very unstable while booting. I've had many times where it refused to boot past the "expanding signal O" it will animate that about 3 times, then freeze.

And now, the final icing on the cake. After enough hard resets, the software is now corrupt. I get a message "The iPronto Software has been damaged and must be restored. Press one of the buttons below to continue".

This basically sets the "restore flag" to yes, and when the Pronto restarts it simply goes to the logo and sits there forever, because the pronto servers are gone. Heck, even if they were still up, considering I can't get this to connect to the network, it wouldn't matter anyway.

I've read quite a few posts, but most were from 2012, 2013. Since that time, has anyone managed to figure out how to reload the software on these things, or do we just throw them away?
Too many toys, not enough time... Getting old.

Hosting Services by ipHouse