Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday December 14, 2022 at 17:03
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
Wow, I haven't programmed an MX-3000 in over a decade. I had to go download the software and install it.

1st thing I noticed is you have a lot of learned commands. Commands that I know are in the database. It is better to use the built in database when those commands are available.

2nd, you put the actual commands in your macro. You should never do that. Create a hidden page for your non-source devices (TV, AV receiver, etc.) and alias the commands in your macro. This is especially important when you use an RF base station.

3rd, some of your macros don't make any sense. Why are you needing a 'prev' command 2x for the Yamaha to get to the radio? This was a learned command, so I'm guessing you put a discrete radio input command on that button? But why 2x? See how the learned commands when you don't need to create confusion. Again all the discrete Yamaha codes for power, input, and DSP are in the database.

Right now it is a pretty jumbled mess. I would start from scratch for something like this =
Create all you core devices (TV, AV receiver). These pages don't need a background or fancy buttons [it will never be seen]. Just a lot of rectangle buttons to put all the codes you are going to need to operate those devices. Go thru the database and gather all the codes you need and put them on the buttons and label them. You will likely grab codes from several databases (such as different Yamaha receivers). Until you have all the buttons you need: Power on & off, discrete inputs for all the inputs available on the devices. And DSP modes if you want for the AV receiver.

Then create your source devices (Xfinity, firestick, radio, PS4, etc.). Create a page at the end that is hidden, for any IR codes for macros that don't need to be seen - such as power on & off if available. Note: there is no need to have a power button in the macro for the Xfinity box, they are on all the time anyway. You are just turning the video output to a static screen. Keep it simple!!! Same with trying to do all the channel icons. No need to complicate the programming like this, most Xfinity cable boxes have fav lists that you can program in the box.

Test all commands. Then start building your macros. Aliasing the commands to each page you have the commands stored in.

Hosting Services by ipHouse