Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday July 14, 2022 at 11:02
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On July 14, 2022 at 08:07, goldenzrule said...
Agree.  The 480, while a nicer looking remote than the 780, was not worth it from an installer standpoint as it took 2 to 3 times as long to program and could not do some more advanced stuff.  The labor costs to program it would make up the difference and then some between the 480 to the 780.  I would assume the same holds true for the 490 and 790, but I don't sell URC anymore so I'm not up on its current pricing.

???
I think you mean MX-450. Never heard of a 480.

And that is even more so with this lineup. The new 490 & 790 are basically the same remote with only slight cosmetic differences. Looking at dealer cost, there is also only a slight difference. The MX-490 makes no sense what-so-ever.

They build what would otherwise be a nice remote and cripple it with no programming option, other than onscreen/on remote. In this day & age when even some cheap remotes can be programmed with an app, this is a fail product.
URC as a company has become so disconnected from reality it isn't even funny anymore. Which is such a shame because they have great products! The corporate greed and mismanagement has become insane. But then again, a lot of companies these days are like that and somehow still keep going.

Hosting Services by ipHouse