The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 161 made on Wednesday August 18, 2021 at 13:04
daves22
July 2021
Update after my questions to URC were answered:

1. If you register for credentials now, they should continue to work post-120 day period. In other words, URC says there is no need to re-register.

2. They were asking for physical address in registration. I pushed back that there is no need for this, and they agreed. Physical address should be optional.

3. I asserted that I would only register one of my many remotes, and URC said that they only needed "to be assured that a user of this software has a URC product in their possession". Sounds to me like there won't be limitations on which remotes get programmed.

4. Finally I asked for registered users to have access to a full download for CCP to install on new computers. URC said that we'll need to contact support, and if we are registered, they will provide the link.

I have all of this in email and I'm archiving it in case 'something happens'. FWIW I'm going to keep the older sw on an older laptop, and I'm going to use the updated one. I think I have sufficient evidence from URC that if they again limited use of CCP, I can go to the AG/FTC and again compel them to live up to their agreement.

Hosting Services by ipHouse