The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 112 made on Friday July 30, 2021 at 08:03
Ernie
Founding Member
November 2001
On July 29, 2021 at 23:36, daves22 said...
I'm seeing results from our pressure!

I opened a ticket with URC on 7/19, pointing out that they cannot do this and to re-open access to CCP or refund my costs. At that time, they answered with the form letter that others got.

A couple of days ago I filed reports with both my AG and the FTC. Both initially followed up with URC to see if they would voluntary correct their behavior, before they would do anything else. This was filed with the same email address as the initial ticket with URC.

Today I received, at the same email address, 3 emails in quick succession. The first opened a ticket to grant access. The second explained I was being granted access for some unknown time until URC can orderly change their policies and restrict access. The third email contained the logon creds.

I haven't tried them and I don't intend to. Access to CCP is still governed by a password, and URC has stated that "we are offering current software users unrestricted access to our CCP software until our policies have been fully updated and the proper communication has been sent." Presumably at that time my creds will then with withdrawn and I will no longer have access to CCP.

This again is not acceptable. URC needs to provide access to the current level of CCP into perpetuity and not subject to their kill switch. I bought the remotes I have with the expectation of CCP access per URC's public policy. They need to provide an installable copy that does not require a password.

I don't know what motivated this change in URC, but I suspect they were contacted by the AG/FTC and realized that they were acting in an unfair and deceptive manner. I urge everyone to continue filing reports and holding URC to their original policy.

I will be educating my AG and the FTC when they followup with me. Y'all should do the same!

Nice!  I also filed a complaint with the FTC.  Hopefully it adds to the pressure.

Hosting Services by ipHouse