The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 103 made on Monday July 26, 2021 at 08:46
animaal
Founding Member
July 2001
CCP now requires "URC Dealer Portal" credentials from an active URC dealer on startup. I could be wrong but it looks to me that if you click the checkbox to remember your credentials, it still validates them online every time the application opens. It appears to support an "offline" mode that doesn't need to phone home (essential for on-site reconfigurations from a laptop), but seems to require reconnection every few days.

As described earlier in this thread, there's a bug that allows the credential check to be skipped. I'm sure that bug will be eliminated in future updates. If you're an end user without a dealer supporting you, take a backup of your current CCP install!!

Longer term, I can see the loopholes being tightened up. The CCP software will be harder for new consumers to obtain (dealers won't be giving it to clients if personal credentials also need to be provided). Imperfect as the new system is, I think it will do what URC wants - deter end users from buying and managing their own URC equipment. Consumers who already use CCP will continue to do so, although using the work-around. But they'll be dwindling in numbers.

Hosting Services by ipHouse