Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 101 made on Saturday July 24, 2021 at 20:44
lbjpilot
July 2021
I also agree. I purchased their remotes from an authorized dealer who has always stated and informed me it was the dealers option to supply the software to the end user. (URC allowed the dealers to decide)

So now I am deep into their product, have remotes in every room, and a simple update now denied me access. That is not the proper way to go about doing this. We need to all get together and fight this as a group. Since that is they only way to win this fight. We are already a small group of people, so the more we can get together to voice our disapproval in the way they handled this is the only way to possibly win. At this point I will be fighting my way back to see if I can find an older version on my other PCs that might work for me temporarily

Edit: unfortunately for me I did not have a backup of my previous version and did the upgrade. If there is a chance that someone has the july 12 version of the URCFrame.exe file (I believe that’s the file I need to get this working again) let me know. It would be appreciated. It is unfortunate that URC had done this to loyal customers that did get their software legally from authorized dealers that had permission to distribute the software. They are now leaving me no alternatives. They should honor there policies and only change going forward. Stopping updates or grandfathered users. If anyone has the file and willing to share let me now. Thx

Last edited by lbjpilot on July 25, 2021 03:48.

Hosting Services by ipHouse