Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Saturday March 20, 2021 at 15:00
Leonge
March 2021
Hi, While I appreciate the discourse here, I find that there are too many negative responses and way too little help. Too many dealers are getting upset because consumers want the software that they should RIGHTFULLY get. The MX-810 was SOLD as a self programmable remote (I have one with the original box). It came with the program cable + software. There is nowhere on the box that it requires professional programming! In fact... this is from the manual....

Programming the MX-810The MX-810 is programmed via a Windows PC equipped with a USB port(programming cable included), using our proprietary software, MX-810Setup. You can download this software from our website:www.universalremote.com Basic setup takes only a few minutes with this software. However, to fully automate an audio/video system the programmer must have a detailed knowledge of each component and how the system is connected and operated. We highly recommend that you use a professional audio/video installer to program your MX-810 so you will be able to enjoy all the benefits of the MX-810 as well as one touch operation via Activities. If you do opt to do some programming on your own, fill out the NOTES at the end of this manual before beginning. This will greatly speed the process of programming.

As you can see... they recommend a programmer but don't require one.
This is a 12 YEAR OLD REMOTE... I don't even remember which laptop I installed the software on .... and for reasons like this ... the software should be available and shareable to users!!! If someone has it, please PM me..... I will do the same if I find my original.

Hosting Services by ipHouse