The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday May 30, 2019 at 12:58
Robertsmania
Lurking Member
May 2019
I have two TSU7000 remotes (which I love). Its been more than a few years since I last changed anything with them but I do have a couple features I want to change.

TL;DR - I get connection errors when I try to upload any changes from ProntoProEditNG running on my WindowsXP/Virtualbox system on a Windows 10 machine. I've tried different cables, usb ports, and both remotes and get the same error regardless. Is there something on the Windows 10 machine or VirtualBox USB settings that needs to be changed or drivers installed?!?

More details - I'm running Windows 10 and have a Windows XP SP2 system that runs in VirtualBox. I know for certain that this XP image is what I used in the past to run ProntoProEditNG and make changes on my remotes. I think the last time I did I was still running Windows 7 and a different version of VirtualBox. So at least those two things are different.

I'm running VirtualBox-6.0.8-130520-Win which seems to be the current version:
[Link: virtualbox.org]

When I connected the remote to the Windows 10 PC for the first time it did auto detect and install some default driver.

Running VirtualBox I see an entry for the ProntoNG in the USB settings and can connect that to the Windows XP system.

In the XP device manager I do see the ProntoNG show up as connected in its device manager on the USB hub.

Running ProntoProEditNG - SOMETIMES it does let me download the current data out of the device.  It has worked, but its not consistent.  Either the dialog box with the animated pumping cable appears and the progress bar moves and it does get the data - or the progress bar does not move and it eventually times out.

Regardless of whether it has let me download from the device - I have yet to have it upload from the software to the remote.  Every time it fails.

My suspicion is there is something I need to install on the Windows 10 machine as far as a driver for the Pronto, or USB settings that need to be changed to get the software to communicate reliably with the device.

Can anyone who has done this more recently than I have help me?
Thanks!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse