The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 122 made on Tuesday June 5, 2018 at 12:00
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
Maybe URC could have a DIY page with some disclaimers and a link for the software. Perhaps also a link to some videos. If they call tech support, refer DIYs to the videos and "have a good day".

Anyone with half a brain knows that you don't master anything in life without spending time at it. Brad is pretty much right on with his comments.

Being a dealer doesn't guarantee great programming. A combination of a few dozen remotes under your belt and reading forums like these will get you to best practices. You cannot replace experience. I don't give a rip if you are an engineer or an IT guy, your first foray into remote programming is not going to be very good. As Brad said, you may be happy with it but will never know what good programming is. Ignorance is truly bliss.

Just as Brad noted, I find remotes in the field by pros that have not been done well. The result is that things work, but ease of use is really just barely there. Ease of use is the primary reason for a smart remote, after all.

For you DIYs that spend enough time at it to be happy with your result, my hat goes off to you. It's a great feeling to Do It Yourself!
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse