The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday August 28, 2017 at 08:45
Curtis Brabham
Lurking Member
August 2017
Glad to know I'm not the only one who has run into this issue. I'm also glad to see you mention a USB-RS232 adapter...there is an option in the Service Menu that says "USB Serial".

We haven't tried putting a USB RS232 adapter on the TV yet. From my understanding, they do run some flavor of Linux so it's entirely possible that would work. Those adapters usually require a driver though, and we haven't been able to find out which ones might be compatible. We have a ton of TRENDnet adapters we purchased for the PC side. We might try one of those today.

We were able to get a PC to sort of recognize the TV when connecting directly to the USB port thinking that maybe Samsung had built the serial adapter directly into the TV. There are a few things that show in Device Manager, but we haven't been able to find drivers for those devices. Neither of the devices show anything about being some sort of COM port, though.

I'll let you know if we figure anything out, and would greatly appreciate if you'd do the same. :)

Hosting Services by ipHouse