The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Friday August 4, 2017 at 10:40
brodyboy
Long Time Member
April 2008
On August 4, 2017 at 07:54, JMarcosPG said...
Thank you again for your reply! You bet! Since I had tried many things I decided to reinstall it from ground zero! Nevo Studio Pro is now finally downloading to the remote! An interesting detail to point out is that after I installed the last Win 10 security update, Mobile Device Center was not working anymore... after doing a lot of research I found the solution below (I will post it here in case anyone need it and later we can move to another specific topic). The only problem is that after reebooting the system you have to do it all again to make mobile device center functional again.

Last question, did you upgrade your Studio Pro 3.0 (using the upgrade herein provided)?

Version 3.0.0.562 was the last one ever released....since I had always kept my software updated (through Nevo), that's the one I've been using for years.

I'm glad you finally got it working. It's worth emphasizing, regarding your comments/instructions about Mobile Device Center, that it's not a universally-required fix. While it's apparently necessary in your particular setup, other readers shouldn't assume that it's necessary in theirs. I did not have to do any of that....just let Nevo install its own version of WMDC and it works perfectly.

I think the takeaways are that, since NSP is old software at this point, compatibility quirks and snafus should be probably expected, and a functional installation should be preserved as long as one wants to keep using their Nevo remotes.

Hosting Services by ipHouse