The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday July 6, 2017 at 08:33
gpaul_snapav
Snap AV
March 2011
I installed the Show yesterday. Pretty slick. Havent played with it much yet. It REALLY nice you dont have to open the app to set it up! Thats a bonus. While still not hifi of course, it does sound richer and deeper than the Echo. However, that doesnt help me in anyway as I never listen to music through it. THats what DA is for. Now, if we can just use the Show for a control screen for Total Control we have a HUGE winner!

I am a fan of all of these devices and pre-ordered a Show when announced.

When I received my Show last week I promptly replaced my Echo in the kitchen. Not a big fan of the Show's ID, but recognize they are packing a lot inside.

I have two young kids - what I dislike is the lack of any type of parental controls or lock outs by user/voice. Kids immediately figured out they could get their videos to play (the Fire tablet at least has lock outs).

It also scrolls through news on the screen (things we may not want our kids to see) when idle and never goes to sleep so it always illuminates the room.

The Show has now been moved to my office and replaced by the original Echo.

Interestingly Google Home (sitting next to the Echo) hands down out-performs voice recognition and control of my various "DIY" voice supported devices.
G. Paul Hess
SnapAV Chief Product Officer
[email protected]

Hosting Services by ipHouse