Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Monday March 27, 2017 at 17:18
OBICO
Advanced Member
April 2014
Update:

Sorry I can't provide more info at this time. The corporate offices of the local stations that have not yet reported on their change are not releasing any information. I can speculate on the reasons, but I might be hypocritical as I constantly criticize the news media for releasing misinformation and disinformation on their news stories as they race to be first in reporting.

Here is the link to the NAB list.

[Link: nab.org]

Q - What will happen to WPXJ-51 RF 23?
A - ION MEADIA is in bankruptcy.  Did they elect to move to VHF for money?  Or did they elect to sell their spectrum for money and will piggy-back with another station (doubt).  Are they protesting the channel assigned to them?
Q - What will happen to Nextstar's WNLO and WIVB?
A-  Probably will sell one.  The RF 32 (WNLO) frequency is worth more, and would rather keep RF39 for the WIVB call letters, then be reassigned.
Q- What's the hush over at WNED?
A - I'm betting they either elected to move to VHF or decided to piggy back with another station.  They could be worried with the new channel assignment.  Stations have three months to challenge their newly assigned channel.  It's more difficult for U.S border stations as they don't know what the new Canadian allotment channels will be.  If CFTO-DT doesn't move off of RF 9, Rochester's WHAM-13 will be a big loss for Toronto and vicinity viewers. 

Hosting Services by ipHouse