The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday January 27, 2017 at 15:08
DrWizard
Lurking Member
December 2013
I have 3 prontos, a TSU3500, and 2 TSU3000's, 3 chargers, and 5 sets of batteries, 3 new, 2 old.
In various combinations I get inconsistent and confusing results when trying to charge.
A few certain combinations of pronto/battery/charger work as supposed to.  Most combinations of pronto/battery/charger, the blue lights blink and it only charges about half way.  Other combinations nothing happens and it doesn't charge.
The problem is, when trading parts around, the problem doesn't move around as expected as if part "x" were bad.
For example, 2 of the new batteries in the TSU3500 in charger #1 works properly. In the other 2 chargers with those batteries, the light blinks and it only charges half way.  Likewise the the other new battery and one of the old ones only charge half way in charger #1, and the other old one doesn't charge at all.  So you would tend to think that the old battery #2 is bad and the others marginal.  But noooooo.  The 'bad' battery in TSU3000 #1 in charger #2 charges fine.  In charger #1 (which works with the 3500 and a new battery) or in charger #3, it only charges half way.  Put the 'bad' battery in the third pronto, and I get yet another set of results.
But, the same battery in the same pronto with the same charger always consistently gives the same results every time (I have all the combinations in a spreadsheet) even after various swaps and returning to the starting config.  Looking at the spreadsheet, no one part stands out as being bad (except possibly pronto #3 ?) yet they are all finicky about how they get combined.

So I was wondering if anyone who still reads this forum has electronic experience and has had success at repairing these things.  What are some common issues and their fixes.  (I know about the fuse).

Thanks!

Hosting Services by ipHouse