Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 43 made on Saturday May 2, 2015 at 02:47
rfeigen
Lurking Member
April 2015
Hi

This worked for me on Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 8.1 64 bit. The dialogue for installing the USB driver might have varied a bit. I needed to click "show all". It was the top item in the list of manufacturers.

It helps if the remote is in the charging cradle so it doesn't power down as quickly. The remote MUST stay on.

As previous posters have described: In Device manager -> Right Click "unknown device" -> "update driver software" -> "Browse my Computer for ...." -> "Let me pick from a list..." -> "show all devices" -> (WAIT a minute for them to all show up) -> Microsoft -> Microsoft USB Sync

You might need to uncheck "Show compatible hardware" before you can see show all devices.
I also had a choice of Microsoft and Microsoft Windows. The MS USB Synch driver was under Microsoft. DO NOT install the URC drivers if you see them.

I had downloaded the 64 bit windows mobile device center (from Microsofot, make sure you trust the source and you do not get malware) and installed it before I updated my USB driver. Once the right driver was installed on the MX-980 the Windows Mobile Device Center popped right up and I could connect via CCR...

Good Luck and I hope this helps someone!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse