The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 83 made on Monday September 8, 2014 at 20:54
SysIntegration
Advanced Member
December 2013
On September 8, 2014 at 09:37, bradlyjamese said...
I tested these and they appear to work great.

1 question though, how did you "probably conclude" these values?
I'm trying understand better these discrete values and how they work.

Excellent, glad the codes work!

Well, we have to work with a lot of assumptions. But if you read the IRP Primer, [Link: hifi-remote.com], you can see that working with a lot of assumptions is pretty standard.

Post 47 in this thread says

"for model# E3D420VX

Via app codes
Amazon EA (234)
Netflix EB (235)
Vudu EC (236)

These were actual picture keys on the original remote. They seem to be hard programed into the tv and the remote. I cant delete these 3 apps. Variants of the code for other installed apps dont work "

I am going to assume the poster had a document from Vizio that looked something like this:

[Link: dropbox.com]
(sorry, the advanced editing isn't allowing me to drop in this picture, so I have to link it).

This gives us a code to associate with a certain button.  In the example I gave you above, the manufacture even lists the IRProtocol (NEC) [probably NEC1] and the customer code, which equates to the Device (d) and subdevice (sd) that we need within the greater protocol of NEC1.  The buttons numbers are functions or objects (OBC).

If you are in already in over your head, I understand.  Until February of 2014, I was too.  However, I read a few posts where user 3FG was helping someone find some discretes and the lightbulb lit up.

I am also constantly using IRScrutinizer.  [Link: hifi-remote.com]  This application created by the almighty Barf allows you to generate codes if you know the Protocol, device, subdevice, and object like they are so nicely listed above.

Regarding post 41, I do not have the protocol sheet the poster does, but he did list what are likely potential object numbers.

In post 61, the poster gave us some in-complete codes (The iTach learner is not good).

In post 62, 3FG posted what he believed was the correct code for Amazon.  I am not sure how he did this.  He either used the method I used in Post 81, which was to download the RemoteMaster upgrade file and use IrScrutinizer to open it and extract the hex (which I initially in about March 2014, but was unable to know what to do with it at the time) [Post 78].

Alternatively, he is just that smart and can visually convert the hex codes to binary and see the infrared pulses.  He may be bionic, I am not sure, but he's damn brilliant.

Post 1 states the protocol, device, and subdevice number:

p=nec1
d= 4 (04 in hex converted to decimal)

Post 5 goes on to add additional information about how to use an older application to generate hex codes.  However, we already have all the information we needed with the protocol, device, and object numbers from the posted listed above.  We just need someone to put it all together to give you the codes from my last post.

Come to think of it, this thread is actually a really good one to learn from.  It's also been alive for 5 years, so lots of smart minds have posted on it and looked at it.

My next question would be, how did the posters in post 1 and 4 know what protocol they were working with to begin.  For that (and I pat myself on the back), I give you:

[Link: remotecentral.com]

Steps 1-4 will give you a basic idea of how they came to those conclusions.  I hope this helps and inspires.

Last edited by SysIntegration on September 8, 2014 21:01.
0101001101111001011100110100100101101110011101000110010101100111011100100110000101110100011010010110111101101110

Hosting Services by ipHouse