Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday July 27, 2014 at 00:55
Dave in Balto
January 2008
A friend's father dropped dead at work at 62, he and all of his friends were over weight, cigar smoking, beer swigging, steak eating, fried food, cake eating guys.

When big dumb Billy (as his three daughters and wife call him with a smile) died, all of his friends lost 50 lbs, joined the gym, and saved their lives.

I've for the most part have not drank soda or eaten fast food with any consistency for the past 15 years, tried to eat vegetables and fruit at least once daily, gone to the gym at least twice a week since my kids were born (hard for at least an hour) used to be 4 times a week. And since I've bought a fitbit, I realize that 10,000 steps a day are pretty common when you are an active CI, did 22,000 one day last week putting in the second half of an outdoor system.

I see a doctor once a year to make sure nothing is going in the wrong direction. She asks me about soda, vegetables and exercise. The 2-4 drinks 4-6 days a week don't bother her.

It's a decision to live a certain way, luckily for me I like my routine, and not eating crap and not smoking ever again ( smoked a pack a day from age 18-24) is an easy thing for me. I'm fine with taking my kids for ice cream and not eating it. I'd rather trade my sweets for a nice Belgium ale or two.

I'm so sorry for your and your family's loss, but if at least one of you makes a decision to make a change from this it at least wasn't for nothing.
Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

The Dude

Hosting Services by ipHouse