The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Tuesday January 29, 2013 at 11:56
Lifespeed
Long Time Member
February 2012
These are some interesting comments.  I think my impression of re-loading the programming curing the problem, even temporarily, are mistaken.  It is an intermittent problem, so can be a bit confusing to troubleshoot.

I have used the RF-260 for nearly one year without any problems whatsoever.  Also, when I execute a macro that does not rely on one of the buttons that is problematic it seems to work OK through the RF-260.

However, when one of the button presses fails, the RF-260 still fires off the appropriate repeater.

If the buttons are really not the problem, I don't want to send the remote back only to have URC claim "no trouble found".  Switching to infrared seems a reasonable troubleshooting step.  I have an RMA # from URC and was about to send it back today.  Perhaps I'll take another day to troubleshoot using infrared only.  It would seem pretty strange for the RF-260 to work fine for a year and then act up, as it is just electronics without the electromechanical keypad to wear out.
Lifespeed

Hosting Services by ipHouse