The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday January 16, 2013 at 05:16
MrHaugen
Long Time Member
March 2010
On January 10, 2013 at 15:54, Presinium said...
It isn't code, it's URC built and you use HEX Code, IP Code, or Serial code to build the driver.

Their 2 way I think uses TCL but I'm not 100% sure - most of us (including me) don't use that or don't plan to... no need.

I'm not sure what you mean. You're saying that the programming tool that no one will part with, is basically a notepad that you program directly with HEX and Serial code and other low level programming. I'm sure there's more to it, but the answer gives me this picture. In case you can only program in this rather low level programming code, I understand that you need help to program them. I think it's pretty weird that you can't use more commonly used high level programming languages and other helpful tools in the program.

If much low level code is indeed needed, this leaves this option pretty much dead in my case. I programmed a simple CPU with binary and hex 12 years ago. And that's it. I know some VB.net, C++ and powershell. I guess this will not help me much.

I can not understand that nobody have created a remote with IR/Wifi/RF, touch and hard buttons and macro abilities, without the need for an intricate setup with control boxes. With a simple and intuitive program activity and button setup, and custom programming options for the needy.

I guess I just have to continue dreaming, and hope for better products in the next few years.

Hosting Services by ipHouse