The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday January 10, 2013 at 15:54
Presinium
Long Time Member
September 2011
1. Would it be possible to show us the code of a simple driver, so I get an idea of how complicated this programming is? A portion of the code (if there is much) or a screenshot would probably do the trick.

It isn't code, it's URC built and you use HEX Code, IP Code, or Serial code to build the driver.

Their 2 way I think uses TCL but I'm not 100% sure - most of us (including me) don't use that or don't plan to... no need.

2. If a person get's stuck with the programming, are there forum with helpful people that can help you out if you have some specific problems?

Yes the forums are good lots of Remote Central people on there as well.    However you have to be a dealer/company to get access to this (or the product or the software).

3. Regarding the Wifi responsiveness. Is it a problem in every day use? I expect it to take 2-3 seconds for it to connect to the Wif if it's not been touched for a long time. But will you have problems with the remote not reacting to commands you issue during a movie for instance? When you just pick up the remote and quickly want to change the volume or set the movie to pause?

It pops up and says "Remote is Connecting to Network" and connects within a few seconds.  If it isn't connected, it can't be used so the user isn't pressing things wondering why it is not working.  

You define in settings how you want it to stay connected.  I usually set it to stay connected for 15 minutes when not charging and always stay connected when docked.  This generally is a good solution and doesn't cause any problems - you can set it to always be connected but your battery life is pretty much shot.  With my settings I get a whole day or more without problem (depends on use of course).
Josh Edman
Los Angeles, CA
(888) 415 - 5855

Hosting Services by ipHouse