The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday January 9, 2013 at 13:58
Tom Ciaramitaro
Loyal Member
May 2002
The universal browser is the best way I know to get pronto hex into an MX remote. Although I think I could understand the browser better, I just bring one hex code into it and drag it across to a button.

When I am doing an entire device, I'll usually open ProntoEdit and just drop the hex codes into a device there. I am familiar with it and then I open the *CCF file in the universal browser and drag codes. There may be a more efficient way, but this has worked repeatedly for me, most recently to get all the on/off and input codes from an RTI AD4 amp into an MX5000. So I know it works.

So I get this Atlantic Technology Power Bar 235 and the codes on their website just do not work. Another poster had remarked that he could not make them work either. Made a *CCF file and opened it in the universal browser, drag the codes, NONE work.

For grins, I took the same hex codes and using Integration Designer, made a new remote there. Loaded a T2c and every button works. Every one. Took the T2c and put the MX880 in learn mode. While the hex would not work in CCP and the MX880, learning the codes from the T2c DID work. Every one.

There must be some CCP or MX880 issue here. I haven't had time to open the *CCF file and load the buttons into an MX5000 yet. But it occurred to me that last year, I had tried to load some Atlona codes from their website into an MX880 and was also unsuccessful. Both times, MX880s. When time allows, I am going to try to load the Atlona codes (for the itty bitty amplifier) into the T2c and give it a whirl.

I wanted to open this thread here to see if there is something that is CCP related or is it just certain remotes have trouble bringing hex in? Looking for feedback from others...
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse