The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday January 2, 2013 at 19:32
chi1ddd
Lurking Member
November 2012
I am looking at completely redoing my remote. I had an installer come by in December to "setup" the remote. He actually did not do much better than I did back in November. I have a few activities but if one piece of equipment is out of sync, they don't work and I have to grab the original remote. Example is the DVD player. The system turns on fine from the main power on. Then it's, "Watch a DVD", that's great unless I accidentally hit the main button again. For some reason, I seem to hit it. So, now nothing happens with the main button, but if I want to be able to control the DVD, the only choice I have is "Watch a DVD" which turns off the DVD player!!

So,

TV: Panasonic TH58PZ700U
Receiver: Sony DA5300ES
Cable DVR Box: Cisco 8642HDC (Time Warner)
Blu-Ray Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT220
Streaming Player: Roku 2 XD

Also need zone 2 support

Questions: I thought I saw a template that would help with planning. Can't find it.

What is the best approach? I have read through the forums and some say stick with activity buttons and others say do a device and activity button.

Discreet codes? Does anyone know of any discreet codes I can use. My remotes don't have off and on buttons.

Lastly, can buttons be moved around. Example, if I setup a DVD activity and notice that it is missing a button like "Eject", I know I can add BUT it adds it to the last page. Can I move the button to the first page.

Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse