Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday December 8, 2012 at 16:36
gharari
Lurking Member
March 2010
Hi there.

I am having a really tough time trying to get a basic setup to reprogram two MX-950 remotes.

I know the deal with Win7, etc.: It doesn't work with the 950 unless you do a virtual machine running XP...

So, I am using the same laptop and actually the same Win XP install disk I used when I was setup previously to program these remotes. This is XP 32bit with SP2.

The problem is that once I have XP SP2, MX-950 Editor, and the packaged Microsoft Acitvesync 3.7 installed, I can't connect.

When I plug in the MX-950, it is shown as "Unknown Device" and activesync can't connect. I know the driver got installed because it warned me to confirm that I wanted to install the unsigned driver called "URC_USB_Sync_MX1"

If I try to manually update the driver, the only choices in this marvelous OS is "Unknown Device". I can't get any other choices, even when pointing Windows directly to the USB MX1 or MX2 device driver that is in "C:\Program Files\Universal...\MX-950 Editor\Usb\Windows XP\x86" directory.

By the way, I have also tried to install ActiveSync 4.2 from the web with no luck, so I am sticking with the install file located at ""C:\Program Files\Universal...\MX-950 Editor\Usb\MSASYNC.exe" that is packaged with the MX-950 Editor software.

I have uninstalled AS, the editor, and the whole OS so many times and I am out of options. PLEASE HELP ME! I hope these remotes are not too old that they become paper weights.

Right now I am sitting with a fresh install of XP, AS, and the editor scratching my head. HEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPP.

Thanks!
-Gil

Hosting Services by ipHouse