The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday November 28, 2012 at 11:29
SportsFan
Long Time Member
January 2012
I just recently purchased a new MX-850 to replace an older MX-850, which still works perfectly fine, but after years of use, the buttons have started to fade and there are many dings and scratches on the case.

Anyhow, I've noticed that the new remote (used in RF mode with multiple MRF-300 base stations) is not as consistent, compared to the older remote. With the older remote (which was purchased around 2006 or so) out of every 100 to 200 button presses, maybe one command would not be picked up by the base station.

But now, with the newer remote, it seems (just estimating here) that out of 100 button presses, about 5-10 commands are missed on average. I also noticed that the range is much shorter now. I am able to use the older remote from over 30 feet away, but I have to be within 15-20 with the new one.

Is this a result of the newer MX-850 having different RF circuitry than its older counterpart? Shorter internal antenna?

Or is it because the new one uses narrow band, and must be used (for best results) with the newer MRF-350's? If so, can the external antenna on my existing daisy-chained MRF-300s be replaced with the narrow band antenna from an MRF-350 to achieve better results?

Thanks for your help.

Hosting Services by ipHouse