Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday November 23, 2012 at 05:55
MrHaugen
Long Time Member
March 2010
Thanks BobL!

I'm not unfamiliar with programming, so I might be able to do that if I managed to get the software. However, if it's so hard to come by as you say, and you'll have to add emitters on all equipment, it's just a no go for me.

I need something similar to Harmony 900, with the IR/RF converter conveniently place on the other side of the room, and broadcasting IR signals. Or a remote that does the IR directly. In worst case, I could lay some cables to an IR blaster from my HTPC, through the roof and to the other side of the room, so it's all controlled from my MC. Or, I could do the same from another control device.

The MX-5000 would achieve this, right? If it have IR (specs says it has), I can live with pointing the remote towards the TV as long as it needs to send IR signals. As long as the remote also works with minimal latency over either Wifi/RF. I like Wifi because of the two way communication. I'd like to watch albums and rate songs etc.

Only problem with the MX-5000 might be to control the lighting in the rooms on the same floor. It seems like a lot of manufacturers of lighting system locks it down. So, I'm just very uncertain what products might be most open her. Would the MX-5000 work easily with more open RF lighting frequenzies, or are there converters to achieve this? I basically have no clue here. I just know that different manufacturers use different frequencies.

Some suggestions to put me on the right path would be awesome!

Hosting Services by ipHouse