The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday November 21, 2012 at 09:14
Athlon
Lurking Member
November 2012
I have 2 MX-500's, and have for years.  I also have the irclone device and working software (I was one of the original customers of the device).

I've successfully programmed and re-programmed the remotes through the years as my setups have evolved with new equipment purchases.

About a week ago I made some changes to my MX-500's using the irclone device and software and one of the transport buttons have stopped working on one of the devices.

To keep this thread and my question simple, I'll ask for help on one button - the FF button.  If we come up with a solution, I'll apply it to the other 5 transport buttons I'm having the issue with.

With my last change, the FF button for my WD Live Plus stopped working.  It was working fine for many months before this.

I've tried to re-learn it directly from the original remote, by using an intermediate remote (the cheap RS programmable) and by loading an older saved profile using the irclone device and software.  I've also tried every trick found at Remotecentral in the list of tricks (duck blind etc.).

I even tried to convert some codes from the Pronto set (which the irclone can do with an external clever bit of software).  I know that works because I did it on some other buttons I'm not having an issue with.

The best clue I have for you is how the indicator in the LCD is operating.  I'm able to program the FF function to the #3 button to test the learning capability and it works fine.

When I use the #3 button, the transmitting indicator in the LCD flashes only briefly and it works fine.  When I press the FF button, the transmitting indicator in the LCD stays on for as long as I press the button.

It seems to me the FF button has a code in it that is 'overwhelming' the button, and will not allow it to be re-programmed.

The irclone software has a 'clear' function, however it does not work on the FF button.  How can I erase that button?  It's like whatever has glommed on to the FF button is stuck in there.  I'm OK with clearing out the entire MX-500 if I have to because the irclone software makes it easy to re-load my setup.

Please help - I'm at a loss after several hours of experimenting.

Hosting Services by ipHouse