The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday November 19, 2012 at 13:01
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On November 18, 2012 at 20:57, chi1ddd said...
Hello All,

I am a newbie. I just purchased the MX-450 remote after having a Harmony remote. I needed a better RF setup and my Harmony was just having too many problems.

I have the following equipment:

TV: Panasonic TH58PZ700U
Receiver: Sony DA5300ES
Cable DVR Box: Cisco 8642HDC (Time Warner)
Blu Ray: Samsung BD-EM57C Smart WiFi Blu-ray/DVD Player

Which codes are the best to start with each device? Also, when setting on the on/off functions, do I leave maybe the cable box always on as I believe it has a toggle on/off function which can be a problem with syncing the TV, Receiver, and Cable box to turn on via a macro.

Any other basic advice for a newbie would be appreciated. I already updated the firmware and IR database and such using the PC program.

Thanks..

Congrats. Coming from a Harmony, you are going to love the remote once it is setup. It will just take a little longer to setup. The good news is the process helps you obtain a better understanding of how everything works.

As for the cable box, what cable system and box do you have? Some cable boxes, and depending on which cable company, have workarounds to power on the box. Scientific Atlanta boxes, for instance, that run certain software could be set to power on the box when you press a number button. It is a setting in the menu that must be turned on. You would setup within the macro to send the 0 command, usually a short .2 second delay and the Exit command, so that the info bar doesn't stay on the screen for an extended period of time.

I will have to fire up my other computer to open up CCP and see if I can get you the best codesets to use.

Hosting Services by ipHouse