Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 48 made on Saturday November 17, 2012 at 23:34
Zohan
September 2010
Ive dealt with many "engineers". In my experience each one has claimed he could do what i do, and going into the initial meetings they almost always have their design on paper, before even talking with a professional. But they must be right, because they have an engineering degree. With these types everything on paper looks good but they have no real world experience with product, and the results show.
This jackalope sounds just like some of the ones i have dealt with. If thats true im sure his "programming" and his remote are about as half as efficient as they could be.

Some of us here on rc could probably sit down and engineer something. But to claim we could do it without paying a professional enginner and it would be just as good would be assinine and ignorant. But thats the way of THEIR mentality, after all they're an enginner, they must be right.

I had one enginner that had slightly more intelligence than ego, and he let me do things my way. At beginning of project he was confrontational..at the end he was shaking my hand, saying how much better my way was, and thanking me for putting up with him and his engineers thought process.

This was the only time this has happened with this type. I can usually deduce an engineer within a minute of conversation.

Ive had a couple that argued with me about a better way to do something. Now, instead of arguing i let them have their way, collect payment and leave them with the system they want.
Ignorance is bliss.....

Hosting Services by ipHouse