Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Wednesday October 24, 2012 at 10:56
punter16
May 2011
On October 23, 2012 at 23:57, Lowhz said...
How have your services been devalued? Because you sat in a URC training at a distributor for 6 hours, got a free lunch and got to buy remotes for your personal use and he didn't and you both get the same end result?

Dude, the help files built into CCP tell you how to program any of the remotes. Get over yourself.

To your first point, yes.

And in our case (my English teacher would get very upset that I'm starting a sentence with "and"), in addition to the 6 hours and free lunch, we have done our due diligence to learn the audio/video craft (in my case I've put in 20+ years), we have made the financial commitment to be a direct dealer, spent tens of thousands of hours in the field to learn all of the nuances of this equipment and have spent hundreds of hours (no exaggeration) building templates and refining our programming so we can be professionals.

To your second point, you obviously don't do this for a living. I say this because if you saw the vast number of horribly-programmed URC remotes that are out there and had half a brain, you would realize that people that do a bad job programming ABSOLUTELY devalue our services because these remote-owners typically comment "I'll never buy one of these again...it's never worked for the system." In this example, the value of the solution has just been compromised as I now need to overcome this hurdle to make the client see the value of a properly programmed remote. Its not the pros that do horrible programming but the "expert friend" or non-qualified tradesman/contractor that says "Oh, we can do that".

I can't believe I'm chiming in on this type of thread for the 1000th time. It's hard not to watch a car wreck.
See our Youtube page for info about smart homes, great audio and more.

[Link: youtube.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse