Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Wednesday August 1, 2012 at 13:56
Mitch57
June 2003
On July 10, 2012 at 01:58, roland p said...
My MX-980 is with both IR/RF laggy (I have the MRF-260). Also the repeat issue is here, which I had to fix by unchecking the 'Repeat while button is pressed' box (with the obvious side effect to not to be able to press and hold anymore). Otherwise, it sometimes navigates 2 positions up/down.

My other remote, MX-350 has none of these issues. It's as fast as lightning.

The status led of the MRF-260 is clearly showing the immidiate response of the MX-350 and the lag of the MX-980.

I wonder if the reported double repeats rs-232 issues (I saw a few of them on this forum) are the MSC-400 fault or the MX-980 fault...

I'm not sure if my situation is related or not. But I'm getting the same sluggishness with my 980 when I have both IR and RF enabled. I'm using an MRF-350 base station.

After extensive testing it appears to me that there is definitely some sort of RF issue with the 980. I’ve tested it on at least three devices. My Motorola DCX-3400 cable box, Oppo BDP83, and my Integra 9.8 processor. I’ve gone into the setup menus on the Oppo and the Integra as that’s the easiest way to check the 980's response. I just scroll through the channel's menu on the Motorola.

In each case with IR/RF enabled I get the same sluggishness on all three devices. I get about a 1/4 to 1/2 second delay after the button press before the command registers on the device. This is becoming quite frustrating! I also have an MX-900 which is also set to both IR and RF and works perfectly on both of these devices. There's no lag at all! All commands are executed instantaneously. Changing the repeats up or down on the 980 has no effect on the response time.

I’ve also tried assigning specific ports to all three devices to no avail. I also unplugged the power to the MRF-350 to make sure there was no other interference going on. I get the same issue even when it's completely out of the picture. The only thing that eliminates the sluggishness is to disable RF and use IR only. Obviously this is not a workable solution.

I'm hoping this is not a bug in the 980 with RF as indicated by other discussions on similar issues. Tell me it ain't so!

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Keep in mind I've taken the RF base station completely out of the picture! If no one else is experiencing this I'm guessing I must have a defective remote.

Hosting Services by ipHouse