The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 55 made on Thursday April 12, 2012 at 15:28
chambone
Lurking Member
April 2012
On February 23, 2011 at 15:05, wilvanwil said...
hi Daniel, thanks for the reply.
I have learned the codes on my 610, but as you say, they do work, but not properly..just like you say.. also channel + or - will only go 1 channel up or down...

So do you think I would have the same issue with the 620? Or will one of the 5 digit codes that are available for the Pace cablebox do the trick?
I find: Pace 41356, 51060, 51376, 51877,51982...

I did mail Sony to ask if these codes would apply for the PACE DVR7111, no reply yet... keep you posted...
I have read on the issue on Dutch forums as well, and people seem to switch to Logitech, but I would prefer a Sony...

Not sure if your problem was solved, but in case anybody else is looking for the same info, I thought I'd share my experiences. I ran into the same problem with my trusty VL600, so I got the VLZ620T (the T version with the colored buttons) and it controls my Pace DCR7111 using manufacturer code 51582. None of the codes listed under Pace cable boxes or any other code I've tried works. Using 51582 it will control volume up down, mute, channel up down, digits, menu, menu up down right left and ok, info, guide, the page up and down buttons, back, off, and the upc button. Also, it will output IR signals for the transport buttons. I don't have the dvr option, so I can't be sure if it actually functions for recording, playback etc, but I assume it does.

So it will let you zap, input double digits and navigate the menu without problems. The only downside is that learned buttons exhibit the same single push problem (i.e. the teletext button, the 4 colored buttons, radio, interactive, help and on demand, because those are not available from the manufacturer code). All in all I'd say it's very workable. The only real downside to the VLZ620 is the fact that macro's end on the device page that they start from. A strange design decision if you ask me. I can't see how that could be useful.

Last edited by chambone on April 13, 2012 13:10.

Hosting Services by ipHouse