The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Tuesday January 24, 2012 at 18:59
woodsby
Long Time Member
December 2009
@jdgping, this seems to have solved the problem for me too. I wonder if this is the same switch that Syd shorted out with a jumper.

@syd, you mentioned that you removed and installed a jumper across the reset switch. I'm guessing you mean either the on/off switch or the battery cover plunger switch??? I imagine the pinhole reset button is a normally open switch, so I can't imagine you would short that. If you mean the plunger switch, that would imply that you are permanently disabling that functionality; and if you are permanently disabling that functionality (and putting some paper over the plunger switch also solves the problem), couldn't I just superglue the switch in the down position? That would avoid the possiblity of opening the remote and damaging the board.

Am I the only one that thinks that this is a really annoying defect, even if this was only a $100 remote? I mean one could buy a used car (that doesn't turn itself off) for less than the cost of an S70, right? And I wouldn't have to "install" a piece of paper to keep the car on.

Hosting Services by ipHouse