The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday October 3, 2011 at 16:13
woodsby
Long Time Member
December 2009
So, I posted about a bug I found in NSP 3.0 when it first came out - of course, I found it while creating my first widget (annoying) - a simple SMALL thermostat widget that takes care of only what I need from my remote - color based on mode, setpoint display/control when it's on heat or cool, and current temp when it's on auto or off.
This bug is related to Thermostat Setpoint Get commands from within a widget - it will only pick up either cooling or heating, regardless of which one you're trying to Get.  The only way I've found to work around this is, upon season changes, go into the Ecosystem settings, and find the thermostat device, press Test, and select Setpoint Get, and select the setpoint (heating or cooling), and hit get.  Then get out of the settings, and it will now Get the correct setpoint (until next season, or next reboot)

I was hoping that this bug would be resolved by now (over a year later), but I got tired of waiting, so I gave it some graphics and posted it at:

www.box.net/shared/4e9p188vcnt0ltno7o2p

This matches the rubber theme in the gallery.  I also uploaded a matching dimmer slider widget...  The toggle switches should be easy enough for anyone to create.

Now, the HELP I need from any installers out there - please talk to UEI, and request they fix this bug.  I think this (or similar) is a great widget, but until this bug is addressed, it's only usable by people who know how to work the settings screens (assuming, you are leaving your users with a means to get to this screen).

FYI, I'd heard they weren't going to fix this bug until the next major release of NSP, but promised to provide a workaround in the dealer section of their webpage.  Since then, they have discontinued the Q50, and I haven't seen the workaround, so I'm hoping they don't leave us in the dark.

Hosting Services by ipHouse