The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Wednesday September 21, 2011 at 17:58
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
Larry for a minute I thought that I was hallucinating, lol, I am glad that I am not, lol. This is what they say on their DTV link (to add "whatever" to insult the OTA stations webs have removed or have only tiny DTV links but sat providers like Shaw still make sure to have DTV transition webpage!, lol). As per Shaw:

In this case, if you wish to continue viewing your local programming, you will need to do the following:

First, confirm whether your TV has a digital tuner. Many newer TVs already have them built in. Look for the term "digital tuner," "ATSC tuner" or "integrated tuner" on your television or consult your owner's manual. If your TV does have a digital tuner, follow the steps in your manual to set it so that you receive digital signals.

If your TV does not have a digital tuner, you have the following options:

•Subscribe to a cable or satellite television provider like Shaw Direct. Find out more.
•Purchase a digital-to-analog converter box (available at many major electronic stores) and confirm you have a suitable antenna.
•Purchase a TV with a built-in digital tuner and ensure you have a suitable antenna.

Hosting Services by ipHouse