The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Thursday January 27, 2011 at 21:46
etc6849
Long Time Member
September 2010
Interesting, this sounds similar to my issue. If I leave 3-5 seconds in between buttons, I have noticed RS232 reliability IS greatly improved, but still not perfect. You might try toggling smart macros using the method in the CCP file I posted above. It "fixes" this issue, but is a pain to do for all 50+ buttons I'm going to need to control my components, HVAC, alarm and lights over RS232...
On January 27, 2011 at 19:13, Joe C5 said...
2) I commonly have issues if I try to send out a command more than once a second (single short taps on the button one second apart always work on mine, anything else - not so much).

I haven't noticed this bug yet. Does this occur on normal IR buttons or only on smart macros? I just tested this for a few IR buttons that output via the MSC-400 and only had output on the correct port. However, I only have things to output port 1 and just connected a spare blinkie to port 2. It may be you have to have other ports setup in the editor for it to show the bug. PS: I'm using a Xantech IR hub to connect everything so that I can also interface a GC-100 network based IR controller; this is why I only use port 1 for IR.
3) The stupid IR problem (it puts out short burst of IR on ALL the ports before it sends the command you asked for on the correct port, and the MRF-350 does not do this)

I agree. The MX900 remotes I have feel very nice and are made in Korea (not China). Of course, your remotes are even nicer ;)
If there were something else I could buy and program myself that was as nice as the pair, I'd be all over it, but I really love the MX-980 and RF control so I'm keeping them (and have purchased several)...
FREE Home Automation software called Premise: [Link: cocoontech.com]
[Link: cocoontech.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse