The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 32 made on Saturday September 11, 2010 at 16:10
parish_d
Long Time Member
January 2006
I am also running windows 7 64-bit on a sony vaio (vgn-z). When I attach the MX-980, it is recognized (as an unknown device), but attempting to update the driver in the device manager using either

Browse for driver software on your computer / Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

_or_

Browse for driver software on your computer / Search for driver software in this location: /Complete Control Program\MX-980\Drivers\Windows Vista\64-bits

fails. It actually appears to find the correct driver (URC USB Sync MX2), but the installation fails with the error: "This operation requires an interactive window station"

I followed a number of suggestions I found via google (uninstalling spybot, booting with non-essential services disabled, etc.), but none helped.

I then installed WMDD/Microsoft USB Sync, although it took quit a few tries before it took. The MX-980 and laptop now connect, but when I try to upload a configuration from the remote, although the progress bars seem to indicate the upload completes, it then throws up a dialog "Upload File Error" and the configuration doesn't show up in the CCP window.

I'm kind of stumped right now. I'll keep plugging away at it, but any suggestions would be appreciated as I'm running out of ideas...

Hosting Services by ipHouse