7" Total Control touchscreen control offers easy installation and advanced graphic feedback.
Okay, so we first heard about the Total Control TKP-7000 In-Wall Touchscreen
a year ago at CEDIA 2011
... but that doesn’t make it any less impressive now! With a 7” 1024x600 high-resolution screen, the TKP-7000 looks stunning no matter what wall it’s on. And with a wired Ethernet connection supporting PoE, it’s easy to install, too!
The original press release is provided below.
URC Introduces TKP-7000 In-Wall Touchscreen
Slick new Total Control® interface joins existing remote controls, keypads and iOS app to offer clients the ultimate in choice.
Indianapolis – CEDIA EXPO 2012 – Booth 4462 – September 5-8, 2012 – URC unveiled its new TKP-7000 In-Wall Touchscreen, a significant new addition to the wide variety of interfaces for use with URC’s Total Control® whole-house control system.
Featuring a seven-inch, 1024 x 600 full-color graphical screen, the TKP-7000 is an intuitive control device that helps clients simplify their lives through adding control of the most important electronic aspects of their home or business, including entertainment, lighting, climate, security and more. The TKP-7000 offers full graphic feedback from both URC devices and compatible third-party devices. When combined with URC cameras, the TKP-7000 can display live video for security monitoring.
Notable features of the TKP-7000 include:
- Wired LAN connection. Just plug an Ethernet cable into the TKP-7000 and you’re ready to go.Customizable Status Bar. Users can see all pertinent info (weather, time, door info, climate, etc.) at a glance.
- Rooms Menu. Besides the ability to temporarily link different rooms or areas of a Total Control system for music listening, the Rooms Menu offers a snapshot of “what’s going on” in every room/zone. By tapping on a room, the TKP-7000 converts into a controller for that particular room.
- Shortcuts Pop-Up. This menu allows the user to save common devices and activities for easy selection. Users can keep up to six activities at their fingertips.
- Capacitive Touchscreen. Users simply “swipe” or “flick” to navigate menus. By incorporating gesture control, every screen can be explored by simple finger swipes.
- Time and Weather Module. Accessible via a single button-press, this full-screen display keeps users up to date with the time, date and weather conditions.
The TKP-7000 is wall-mountable and fits easily into a dual-gang opening. Power can be supplied to the TKP-7000 via a single Ethernet cable connected to a PoE (Power over Ethernet) router/switch, or a PoE injector. It supports up to 255 devices, and up to 255 pages per device; macros can be up to 255 steps.
The TKP-7000 will be on display at URC’s booth 4462 during CEDIA EXPO, and is targeted for availability this fall with a target price of $850.
For more about Total Control and other URC products, visit our URC Forum!
The MXHP-R700 adds a more fully-featured remote control to the MX HomePro platform.
All cloud-based operations to end within four years.