Upgraded PS3IR-1000 IR-to-Bluetooth converter offers new capabilities for your PS3.
Posted by Daniel Tonks on May 4, 2009 at 4:23 PM
Schmartz Inc., makers of PlayStation 3 remote control accessories such as the PS3IRX1 infrared-to-USB converter and the advanced PS3IR-Pro infrared-to-Bluetooth converter, has just announced the latest addition to their product family: the PS3IR-1000. This advanced IR-to-Bluetooth adapter offers new capabilities and an additional way of controlling your Playstation 3 game system: from your PC!
Here’s the feature list:
- Supports all 51 remote control commands including [PS] and powering on the PS3.
- Supports 12 custom user macros, with up to 16 steps each, for easy automation of favorite tasks.
- Built-in infrared transmitter – easily teach all needed codes to any learning remote control.
- Externally powered via USB port (note that the PS3 cannot be used as a power source).
- Hardware monitoring of the PS3’s true power state based on its USB port (requires optional power sensing cable).
- External infrared input jack for connection to any industry standard IR distribution system, or RF remote control basestation.
- When connected to a PC via the USB port, can be used to control your PS3 using a simple software application.
- Firmware fully upgradeable over USB.
The PS3IR-1000 is availabe for $79.95. More information on the PS3IR-1000 can be found at www.schmartstuff.com.
Takes on mid-priced "smart remote" category with a new consumer offering.
Vivido 5-scane lighting keypad, appliance module, RF duplex receptacle, battery operated dimmer.