Posted by Daniel Tonks on August 19, 2004 at 1:00 AM
I’m pleased to announce the completion of several useful updates to Remote Central’s forum system. As many of you know, all of Remote Central’s interactive software is developed in-house, which means that we need *you* to inform us of any bugs that you may find. Major improvements include:
- Updated design: all aspects of the forum have been overhauled with an improved, cleaner new look.
- New “where you are” bar: the location bar at the top of the screen has been completely revamped and now displays your login status and will also let you log in or out. It also consolidates access links to your account settings, favorite threads and forum search facilities.
- User signatures: you may now create a short text-based signature line that will be automatically appended to all forum posts.
- Custom time zones: you may now opt to display all forum times in your local time zone. You may also choose between 24-hour and 12-hour time formats.
- Smarter posting: name and password boxes are no longer displayed when you are already logged in.
- User statistics: information related to the current poster, such as their registration date, number of posts and status tagline, are now displayed next to all posts.
- Miscellaneous: numerous smaller changes were also made, such as displaying the original posting date for threads active for more than 6 months, the removal of extra linebreaks at the end of new posts, the addition of last poster information for all older threads, improved page link display, and so forth.
To update or change any of your account settings or to enable these new features, go to the forums index
and click on “My Account” near the top. Enjoy!
Don’t have an account yet? With over 28,000 registered members and 400,000 posts, Remote Central is the place to be if you want to talk about remotes and home theater – so register today!