Posted by Daniel Tonks on August 25, 2004 at 1:00 AM
Logitech, formerly known as Intrigue Technologies, has just added a new model to their family of activity-based remote controls: the Harmony 676
Sport Remote. This model includes all of the features from the H659 (read our review
) and H688 models, but with a new button layout and different styling with changeable color faceplates. Now you don’t have to pick a color – it comes with them all!
Here’s the information available so far:
- Easy to set-up: Simple setup with Web Wizards. Just connect your Harmony remote to your computer and the Web Wizard walks you step-by-step through a simple set-up. Enter in your equipment model numbers, then answer a few easy questions about how you “Watch TV” or “Watch a DVD”. You’ll be controlling even the most complex system without any of the hassles of elaborate macro-programming.
- Easy to use: One-touch activity control – one button does it all. The Harmony remote is the world’s only remote with Smart State Technology activity control. Just press one of the Activity buttons, such as “Watch TV” or “Watch a Movie”, and your Harmony Remote automatically sets-up your entertainment system, without you ever having to program a “macro”.
- Simply controls it all: The remote for the whole family. With the Harmony remote, you don’t have to know anything about your entertainment system to operate it. No sound? No picture? No problem! There’s even a handy “HELP” button to guide you through simple troubleshooting and get you back in control. Everyone from the kids to the babysitter can now enjoy the full home theater experience.
- Changeable vibrant colored faceplates.
- Page buttons for On-Screen Guide Navigation.
- Stylish sporty look with comfortable button layout for TiVo/PVR control.
- Only remote with a Help button.
- 3 one-touch Activity buttons.
- 6 interactive display buttons.
- 5-way menu joystick.
- IR code learning.
- 3 wide dispersion high power IR LEDs.
- Non-volatile flash memory.
- Smart State Technology.
- Up to 15 devices.
- Up to 255 activities.
- No macro programming required.
- Two months free media listings (optional yearly subscription thereafter).
- Up to 250 TV channels and 14 days listings for the program guide.
- Memory: 2 megabytes
- LCD resolution: 84 x 48 pixels
- Backlighting: super bright blue EL for buttons and screen
- Number of buttons: 55
- PC interface: USB
- Batteries: 4 x AAA
- Dimensions: 8.1 x 2.3 x 1.3 inches
- Weight: 5.8oz
The expected price is currently unknown, but will likely be in the $200-300 USD range.
[ Talk about the Harmony with others! ]
"Harmony Ultimate" hybrid touchscreen and "Harmony Smart Control" models join the ranks.
Convenient $150 hard buttoned remote for use with Apple iPhone or iPad-based control systems.