Posted by Daniel Tonks on March 9, 2001 at 1:00 AM
Yamaha is offering a rebate coupon good for a free RAV-2000 remote control to anyone who purchases one of their keen RX-V1
receivers before May 31, 2001. The $499 RAV-2000 is Yamaha's custom version of the Philips Pronto TSU2000. It comes with 2 megabytes of memory, a preset code database for a wide variety of brands, timers, a completely redesigned user interface, plus a customized version of ProntoEdit called RAVedit
. Otherwise, except for change of some hard button functions and the lack of a docking station option, it's similar to the TSU2000. Naturally, the RX-V1 already includes a basic learning remote control with macros, so the free RAV-2000 would be in addition. For more information on the RAV-2000, check out our news update here
[Talk about the Yamaha RAV-2000...]
Weemote's blue period.
As we first revealed in our CES 2001 report, the Weemote 2 kid's remote control was reputed to not only feature a number of new advanced features, but a brand new case color - silver. Well, I just heard from the good folks at Fobis Technologies that they've decided to return to the original Weemote's rich blue color, maintaining the remote's bright and cheery appearance rather than bowing to the recent market trend that "silver makes it better".
I've also heard that the Weemote 2 will feature one additional advanced function not covered in our CES report - the ability to control the speed at which macros are broadcast. The current Weemote employs a 420ms delay, but with an undocumented feature on the Weemote 2, power users will be able to adjust the delay from 32ms to over 4 seconds in 32ms increments. Power to the parents! The Weemote 2 should be available in stores by the end of this month.
[Talk about the Weemote 2...]
Remote programming guides.
I've updated the "Programming Your Universal Remote" feature section with new codes for the latest GE/Jasco remotes, the Jensen SC-570, the One For All Cinema 7+ URC-7800 and the RCA RCU800.
Pronto & RC5000 CCF files!
Looking for even more Pronto files? You'd be surprised how many have been uploaded by users in the past few weeks! Let's start off with brand new or updated system CCF files from:
You'll also find a number of single component CCF files for the following devices:
- Anthem AVM 2 preamplifier/processor (Nick Platsis)
- Apex AD-660 DVD player (Alfonso Rubio)
- Canon Powershot G1 camera (Simon Block)
- Grundig ST 82-774 TOP/E television, Pioneer DV-535 DVD player & JVC HR-S9400 VCR (Tommy Hoglund)
- Magnavox VR9160 VCR, Nakamichi AV-2 receiver, Toshiba SD2006 DVD player & Zenith B50M88W TV (John Manson)
- Midiland ADS-2000 Dolby Digital Decoder (Jonathan Hirschman)
- Mitsubishi SR-HD00 HDTV receiver (Jeff Bennett)
- NAD T760 receiver (Dominic LeGros)
- Philips VR999 SVHS VCR (Walter Lara)
- Runco scalers (Jon Danforth)
- Sony SVR-2000 TiVo (Eric Elton)
- Tandberg videoconferencing system (Anthony Philippoussis)
- Yamaha extended IR codes documentation (Andrea Whitlock)
- I've also uploaded an expanded set of codes for Sony tape decks.
If you've got a Pronto configuration for a component not already covered in our database, why not submit it
for the entire community?
[Talk about the Philips Pronto & Marantz RC5000...]