I have a video camera with a cabled remote which controls the camera iris, colors etc...
I do not know the protocol, I want to learn the command sent by the remote into the camera.
Here is what i did so far:
1. bought 232Analyzer software
2. cut the remote cable and discover (through manual) the correct data wires (TX+, TX-, RX+, RX-)
3. connected the TX+ and TX- into my serial port [pins 2+ and 5-]
4. set the port settings (which i do not know them) to many different options
5. turned everything on and start operating the remote.
The results in HEX was only a bunch of FF's, no matter which button i clicked the result was FF.
1. bought 422 to 232 adapter
2. bought 485 to 232 adapter
3. tried the test with each adapter
same results, only FF
Here are some images :[Link: imageshack.us][Link: imageshack.us]