Your Universal Remote Control Center
RS-232 & IP Control Forum - View Post
Previous section Next section Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from


Right angle adapter
This thread has 2 replies. Displaying all posts.
Post 1 made on Monday February 8, 2010 at 20:56
Super Member
June 2009
Does anyone make a Right angle adapter for DB9 (rs232)? We want to use the RS232 port on two Panasonic V10's for control, but the RTI connector is WAY to deep (plus its male and the tv is also male)

B/c fo the way it is situated on the TV, I actually need a right angle with a dongle or something, b/c going up on the TV blocks the inputs and going down hits a bulge that the TV has, which may be okay, depending on how the right angle fits.
do wino hue?
Post 2 made on Monday February 8, 2010 at 21:43
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
I dont think a gender changer/right angle exists so you will need to put one on at the TV or in between the cable and the right angle adaptor.


Post 3 made on Monday February 8, 2010 at 21:45
Founding Member
September 2001
Don't know, but you could pull the plastic cover off the RTI piece, and gender change it, or get a female DB9 to RJ45 and strip the cover. It's just wires inside.

I get super low profile gender changers and null modems from Custom Install Supply.

Jump to

Protected Feature Before you can reply to a message...
You must first register for a Remote Central user account - it's fast and free! Or, if you already have an account, please login now.

Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse