Your Universal Remote Control Center
Lighting & Home Control Forum - View Post
Previous section Next section Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from


Replacing RF Light Switch with IR
This thread has 2 replies. Displaying all posts.
Post 1 made on Wednesday May 9, 2007 at 02:20
Long Time Member
April 2006
Ive been using this RF device for a long time now.
Its actually a device where you plug in your lamp cord to it, and it to the wall.
You leave your lamp on, but the rf remote allows you to switch the power on and off because of the device in-between.

Its a Heath SL-6134

Anyways, im looking for some kind of alternative as a plug-in IR device to do what this does.. I dont feel like replacing any wall switches or anything as i dont want to invest too much money into this room im staying in.. But id like to have an IR replacement to this RF for remote use.
Post 2 made on Wednesday May 9, 2007 at 12:47
Advanced Member
May 2006
Here is a kit that comes with everything including a universal remote. The remote can be replaced with your own quality universal remote but this package is cheaper than buying the other components without the remote. It includes two plug-in modules similar to the ones you described, an IR-module to accept IR commands and the remote. It can also be expanded on with more plug-in modules or switches as well.

OP | Post 3 made on Wednesday May 9, 2007 at 16:48
Long Time Member
April 2006
thats cool.
might have to try that


Jump to

Protected Feature Before you can reply to a message...
You must first register for a Remote Central user account - it's fast and free! Or, if you already have an account, please login now.

Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse