HDTV Reception Forum - View Post
Previous section Next section Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Topic:
remote code for emerson tv
This thread has 13 replies. Displaying all posts.
Post 1 made on Friday May 26, 2006 at 22:27
dillon99
Lurking Member
May 2006
Hi...I just purchased a 20 inch tv/vcr/dvd combo from Walmart...I tried every tv and vcr codes for my direct tv remote and none of them work, they do not list any emerson dvd's in the manual...I have a phillips dsx 5500....can someone please help me...i bought the display tv so it did not come with the remote, and i hate not being able to control the volume....
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
gina
Post 2 made on Friday May 26, 2006 at 23:56
edmund
Elite Member
April 2002
Sorry but you're out luck, at least with the 5500's oem remote. TV/DVD combo use DVd codeset, and not a TV code. But the only codes thast give you vol in the 5500 remote are tv codes. Buy a white remote off of dtv.com website, with that remote you can still get vol commands from DVD or VCR codes.
Post 3 made on Sunday July 23, 2006 at 00:41
GBMuzik
Lurking Member
July 2006
I need Comcast remote codes for an Emerson TV 20" TV/DVD Combo model #EWC20D4
G Bordley Jr
Post 4 made on Saturday July 29, 2006 at 23:20
GBMuzik
Lurking Member
July 2006
On July 23, 2006 at 00:41, GBMuzik said...
I need Comcast remote codes for an Emerson TV
20" TV/DVD Combo model #EWC20D4
G Bordley Jr
Post 5 made on Sunday July 30, 2006 at 01:24
mitchB
Long Time Member
February 2006
GBMuzik, try to get into the habit of hitting the preview button first to check out what your post will look like before actually posting. If that doesn't work you can always go back and edit the post at anytime and add what ever it was that should have been there or remove what shouldn't.
Not "Comfortably Broke" anymore just plain broke.
Post 6 made on Sunday July 30, 2006 at 01:58
edmund
Elite Member
April 2002
Mitch there's 6 days between GBMuzik's posts, the quote is a form of bumping thread to the top.

GBMuzik, if your cable remote is made by UEI, try DVD code 0821, try all keys.
Post 7 made on Sunday July 30, 2006 at 03:17
mitchB
Long Time Member
February 2006
On July 30, 2006 at 01:58, edmund said...
Mitch there's 6 days between GBMuzik's posts,
the quote is a form of bumping thread to the top.

OK
I understand.

ed you have the patience of a thousand saints.
I've seen some of your responses on programming remotes that just blows my mind.
Keep up the great work.
Not "Comfortably Broke" anymore just plain broke.
Post 8 made on Monday August 7, 2006 at 00:54
GBMuzik
Lurking Member
July 2006
Thank you for the response & the advice. I'll give that code a try and I'll keep you posted on the results.
G Bordley Jr
Post 9 made on Friday August 11, 2006 at 13:11
caryc
Lurking Member
August 2006
My TV was working on my universal remote, now it doesn't work. I realize this is a long winded post, but anything you can find in it to help me out would be much appreciated.

I had my TV working on a Universal Remote. Then I switched cable boxes, and when they switched out my cable boxes they switched out my remote along with it, although its the exact same remote (Comcast DVR 3-device remote), they just gave me a new, unused one, new in the plastic right out of the box, et cetera. Now, I've been trying to reprogram the remote and I can't get my TV to work on the remote again. My TV is an older model obsolete type Emerson TV, 19 inch.

It was the installation tech that set up the TV onto the universal remote originally (earlier this week). I remember exactly, there were 10 Emerson TV codes, he told me he usually starts four from the front and then does four from the back, and he was pissed that the code that worked was the last code he entered, that is what he said to me, I remember exactly. and then the TV worked from the remote perfectly all week, that is it worked perfectly until I switched the boxes and ended up with a new yet exactly the same remote that I had to reprogram and have ben trying to reprogram yet none of these codes seem to work. I've been through all 10 Emerson codes four times each. The last time I even entered a special code to check that each of the Emerson codes were in the remote before I tried the power button (which is how it is described in the remote control manual how to synch up the devices).

[[Link: comcast.com]]

Just to mention I sucessfully entered the new code for my cable box, and an AUX code for my Phillips DVD player which both work fine. The Philips DVD player worked with both remotes (as I would expect because its the same remote model!) and each of the cable boxes interact with the remote without any problems. My Bose Wave Radio, although there is a code listed, it didn't work with this universal remote in either case -- I did email Bose corporation support and they asked me for my model and serial and said they would see if they could find any more set up codes that might work, but I read some of the threads on Bose and I don't have much confidence that that will pan out. I'm okay with having to use a seperate remote for the audio, but I'd like to be able to turn my TV on and off without getting up, as I don't have the original remote that came with the Emerson (it got microwaved a number of years ago).

Sorry this post is so long, but I was wondering if anyone has some advice for me, or can explain why it is that I can't get my Emerson TV to talk to my Comcast 3-device universal remote when I had it working on that same remote model just yesterday thank you in advance.

Thanks,
Cary
Post 10 made on Wednesday August 16, 2006 at 21:34
GBMuzik
Lurking Member
July 2006
IT WORKED!! Thank you very much Edmund, your help is greatly appreciated.
G Bordley Jr
Post 11 made on Thursday August 16, 2007 at 08:47
steve07
Lurking Member
August 2007
I have an old Emerson M1375 Tv.. None of the codes listed using a comcast custom DVR 3 device work. After 10 minutes of using the scanning feature, I gave up. If anyone has a code for this device, please reply. I think I need the 4 digit codes for the device.. I am able to use another universal remote with the Emerson codes listed. Does anyone know if the Emerson tv is similiar to another brand?
Post 12 made on Thursday August 16, 2007 at 09:37
Kupakai
Long Time Member
September 2006
On August 16, 2007 at 08:47, steve07 said...
I have an old Emerson M1375 Tv.. None of the codes listed
using a comcast custom DVR 3 device work. After 10 minutes
of using the scanning feature, I gave up. If anyone has
a code for this device, please reply. I think I need
the 4 digit codes for the device.. I am able to use another
universal remote with the Emerson codes listed. Does
anyone know if the Emerson tv is similiar to another brand?

Does your remote use 5 digit setup codes and have a red "OK" button in the middle of the arrow keys? If that's the case, you might not be able to find the code you need.

According to an old document I have, M1375 would be using TV/0179 (or in the case of the 5-digit remote above TV/10179, if it had it), but it seems they eliminated that code from the newer version. Maybe Comcast has the older version that would have the code (it has a grey "OK" button, but otherwise looks the same, and uses 4 digit setup codes).
Post 13 made on Thursday August 16, 2007 at 09:44
Kupakai
Long Time Member
September 2006
On August 11, 2006 at 13:11, caryc said...
My TV was working on my universal remote, now it doesn't
work. I realize this is a long winded post, but anything
you can find in it to help me out would be much appreciated.

I had my TV working on a Universal Remote. Then I switched
cable boxes, and when they switched out my cable boxes
they switched out my remote along with it, although its
the exact same remote (Comcast DVR 3-device remote), they
just gave me a new, unused one, new in the plastic right
out of the box, et cetera. Now, I've been trying to reprogram
the remote and I can't get my TV to work on the remote
again. My TV is an older model obsolete type Emerson
TV, 19 inch.

Maybe your problem is related to what I posted above for steve07. Check your new remote and the manual. Does it accept 5 digit codes? It should give to 2 short blinks when you enter the setup code to indicate success. If it blinks one long blink, it didn't accept it. If it is the new version, they have remove a couple of setup code, including TV/0179 which some Emerson TV used, and which the older version of the remote (which looks exactly the same except for the red OK button), used to have.
Post 14 made on Saturday August 18, 2007 at 02:16
Desufnoc
Lurking Member
August 2007
I have a EWC13D4 EMERSON 13" TV/ DVD Unit, I need the code for my Comcast DVR 3-device remote. my TV that i was using went bad. i have tried to in put all of the Emerson codes that are listed, and i did a seach for 5 mins. no luck.

Please HELP!!

Jump to

Protected Feature Before you can reply to a message...
You must first register for a Remote Central user account - it's fast and free! Or, if you already have an account, please login now.

Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse